Elevator interiors for all manufacturers
Panoramic elevators - external elevators with large glass-surfaces in shopping malls and other public locations- are one of our specialties.
A Stylish elevator creates the experience
It doesn’t have to be more expensive to get a genuine Åhmans elevator interior when you build new or replace your old. If you want to invest in a personal elevator interior with high standard and long service time that increase the property’s prestige and value we have solutions for all elevator manufacturers. The elevator interior is the detail that matters the most.
Packaged solutions or custom-made
Are you looking for a large amount of elevator interiors for basic rental properties or a unique elevator interior for a hotel, airport or shopping mall – we have the solutions and will help you with inspiration as well as advice on what is possible and how we can make your requests become your reality.
Read more about our packaged solutions that give you the possibility to get nicer elevators for a better price. Even the packaged solutions, REGULAR, MEDIUM and PREMIUM provides great flexibility and possibilities to create personal and well-equipped elevator interiors.
Special – elevator interiors with a statement
Solid wood, beautiful veneer, leather-covered handrails, brass handrails, mirrors with bevelled edges and beautiful sockets and cornices are examples of details for those who want that little extra. You can also get your own wall designs in durable Formica laminate or flooring with your logotype. The elevator interior gets an exclusive classic look and behind the time-typical surface you find all the modern technology in electronics and other technical parts.
When you have special requirments
Sometimes the requirements are extra specific. It could be durability, moisture resistance, load resistance, special hygiene requirements or any other requirements that has to be met. Elevator interiors for healthcare environments, industries, subways, ships or offshore are examples of environments with special requirements. Stainless steel walls are common when durability requirements are bigger than usual. They can be combined with extra durable bumpers if, for example, the elevator will be used for goods transportation and therefore need to be made vandal safe or made washable with high pressure if the risks of vandalization and littering are high.
Stainless steel walls are also great from a design perspective and are available in multiple variations. As such, they can also a big part of the design.
Flooring for specific needs are necessary if the elevator will handle heavy payloads from for instance a forklift or if in a hospital environment antistatic floors are required to avoid static electricity that can interfere with personnel and sensitive electronic equipment.
When price is the most important factor we can, by using plastic-coated sheet metal, offer cost-efficient solutions for elevator interiors.
Refurbishment or new – we’ll find the best solution
Ready-made, fast and cost-efficient replacement packages for standard elevators or gentle artisan refurbishment of turn of the century elevators – we have the solution and expertise in both cases.
Are you uncertain about regulations – talk to us
Tens of thousands of elevators in Sweden need to be adapted to comply with regulations from the Swedish Work Environment Authority and the Swedish National Board of Housing, Building and Planning. The biggest change is the requirement for the interior door of the elevator. If changes are made to the control system, machinery or elevator interior, the elevator door must be installed at the same time (according to the so-called H10 rules).
Clever solutions that save money
We have solutions for lightweight elevators, with either a wooden or steel frame, which in most cases make it possible to quickly and smoothly replace the entire elevator interior including the interior door without increasing the total weight. This way, expensive changes in other technical components are avoided.
For some renovation projects, it may be enough to replace wall, ceiling and floor coverings and possibly lighting as well as some accessories to get an elevator interior that is perceived as brand new and that complies to all safety rules. You can also purchase a so called “Black Box” and let us furnish it once the build is near completion.
We always try to help our clients keep as much of the already existing technical equipment such as for example guide rails and support frames. This minimizes the environmental impact of the project as well as the total cost.
The interaction of the elevator interior with the architecture and colors of the house
When renovating existing elevators, it is important to have the property’s character and colors reflected in the appearance of the elevator interior. The additional cost of a stylish and environmentally-friendly elevator interior is minimal in this context.
Whatever solution you choose, you will be satisfied with the result for years to come. Talk to your elevator contractor for more information on the best solution for your elevators.
Almost no limits
We can offer custom-made elevator interiors produced in small scale series or even individual elevator interiors for unique or non-standard requests. We enjoy challenging projects where our expertise is put to the test and where we alongside the property owner, architect and tenants can enjoy beautiful and unique elevator interiors in harmony with the property’s architecture.
Wood, metal, glass and stone – in combination
Our strength is that we master all materials and have the ability to combine them in both aesthetically pleasing and technically correct manners. From state-of-the-art elevator interiors of glass and steel to replicas of beautiful wooden elevator interior designs from the turn of the century – we can do it.
Take a look at our reference pictures
Start by looking at what we have done before and then let us together find the best and most beautiful solutions to your specific wishes. Customer cases
We will help you get an approved elevator interior
If you have an elevator approved for transporting foods or is used in work premises it must be provided with automatic doors immediately. Other elevators must be rebuilt in conjunction with technical changes or renovations.
We have intelligent solutions for the installation of modern and stylish elevator interiors that meet all requirements as well as the renovation of existing elevator baskets. Talk to us about what’s best in your case – it can drastically lower the cost for you.
- All elevators that do not have a door or gate in the interior must be provided with a interior door. Until then, such elevators must be equipped with a special warning sign
- All elevators shall have an emergency telephone
- All elevators shall have operating means useable also by people with disabilities
- All elevators shall have adequate protection against electric shock
- All elevators shall have devices for evacuating trapped passengers
- All elevators shall have sufficient rescue space for service personnel located above and below the basket
When should it be done?
- If the elevator is used by the worker for freight transport or if the elevator mainly serves work premises, it must be provided with interior doors immediately
- If the interior of the elevator or the entire elevator interior is changed, the first three safety-raising measures according to the previous section must be implemented simultaneously.
- If the elevator control system, appliance rack or machinery is changed or replaced, all 6 safety-raising measures as above must be carried out simultaneously.
- If the conditions of the building entail unreasonable costs or if it’s inappropriate by means of caution to implement the above measures, minor deviations may be made. However, in such cases it must be possible to show satisfactory protection for safety and health reasons.
- Exceptions can also be made if the installation of an interor door takes up enough space of the interor to override the accessibility requirement. In that case, the interor door may be replaced by an interor gate or photocell light curtain. Note that the regulation does not consider the cost difference between interior door and interior gate or photocell light curtain unreasonable.
A threat to the safety in elevators?
According to the Swedish National Board of Housing, Building and Planning’s elevator regulations, when changing the elevator interior, the entire elevator facility must be modernized to increase the safety level. All solid material inside the elevator car is counted as elevator interior.
However, the Swedish National Board of Housing, Building and Planning, has approved the application of foliage and painting of elevator interiors, these measures should be regarded as a non-permanent measures and can be equated with poster or decals.
In the market, “foil” is now offered by certain players. The foil is mounted on board material, in combination with new ceilings, floor coverings and components. In practice, this is of course regarded as a new elevator basket interior. By offering the solutions directly to the property owners, modernization and safety measures in the elevators are moved forward in time, in practice as a method of circumventing the elevator regulations. Åhman’s elevator basket fixtures are always delivered via standalone elevator contractors and adapted in close collaboration with them. In this way, it is ensured that the installation receives a construction control and all the problems that arise if it is only discovered at the audit that the elevator does not meet all the prescribed requirements.
Revolutionary news for property owners regarding elevator interiors
Taking advantage of the time users spend in the elevator has always been important and many types of solutions are used. During the trip in the elevator, the opportunity to receive full attention for a few minutes to give information, experiences or other types of messages is fully present.
New technology creates new unique opportunities
The technology known as “Magic Mirror” is based on the fact that the information screen is fully integrated in a mirror. When not used for messages, it looks like an ordinary mirror. When used to communicate a message, the information comes directly into the “mirror” in an almost magical way for the viewer.
– It is a way of communicating that gives countless opportunities, says Henning Beyer of Åhmans in Åhus. Just like on a TV or a computer screen, any type of communication can be displayed in a very elegant way. Magic Mirror, available in various sizes up to 55 inches, is fully integrated into the elevator interior or mounted on the surface. The screen is always protected by the mirror glass and cannot be accessed without special equipment.
Magic Mirror has become very popular amongst many types of property owners and different types of tenants.
Fits all types of elevator interiors
– It has turned out that there is a great interest in mounting a Magic Mirror in most types of properties, says Rolf Wennerström salesman at Åhmans in Åhus. In everything from rental properties where the property owner wants to invest in good and fast information to office properties where the companies want to inform about their operations. Hotels and other commercial properties also benefit greatly from this feature. The experience and simplicity in both the installation of the mirror and in creating content has been very well received. In new production, it will become more or less standard that a “Magic Mirror” is integrated into the elevator interior.
Everything is possible
Upon installation, Åhmans in Åhus handles assembly and integration in all types of new or existing elevator interiors, independent of elevator manufactures. The software and digital technology are managed by JML-System, who are experts in technology and content. Everything is coordinated through the elevator contractor, who is responsible for the maintenance of the elevator facility.
The system includes a number of ready-made intuitive modules such as, current traffic situation, weather, Youtube, calendar, apartment information, current events / guests and in addition to this, everything is possible to create in a completely individualized way.
– Taking advantage of the small undisturbed moment in the elevator for information or to create an experience can mean a lot, Rolf says. Purely practical advantages are that the solution is vandal-proof, easy-to-use and easy to install and it is easy to get started creating the desired content.
A feeling that is difficult to describe – It is difficult to describe the feeling, when what is believed to be a normal mirror suddenly comes to life, says Henning at Åhmans with great empathy. With good content you can achieve effects that in the proper sense of the word can be described as magical or even sublime. Contact us and we can show different examples and contact companies that work with technology and content.
For more information contact:
08 – 588 33 333
044 – 28 99 05
Expertise in different materials
We master wood, stone, metal and glass and often combine the different materials to create unique elevator interiors. This expertise allows us to create beautiful elevator interiors and elevator interiors for specific purposes.
Stone floors, curved glass walls or stainless steel are examples of materials with a very long lifespan and low maintenance costs while being materials for the creative architect. Tradition and experience are combined with the latest cutting-edge technology in manufacturing, construction and CAD / CAM to create beautiful, unique and durable elevator interiors.
Our elevator interiors are delivered through independent elevator contractors and adapted to all elevator types and all elevator manufactures. Construction and design are done in collaboration with the property owner and architect.