Elevator interiors for all manufacturers
Panoramic elevators - external elevators with large glass-surfaces in shopping malls and other public locations- are one of our specialties.
A Stylish elevator creates the experience
It doesn’t have to be more expensive to get a genuine Åhmans elevator interior when you build new or replace your old. If you want to invest in a personal elevator interior with high standard and long service time that increase the property’s prestige and value we have solutions for all elevator manufacturers. The elevator interior is the detail that matters the most.
Packaged solutions or custom-made
Do you need a large number of elevator interiors for basic rental properties or a unique elevator interior for a hotel, airport or shopping mall – we have the solutions and will help you with inspiration and advice on what is possible and how you can make your requests can become reality.
Read more about our packaged solutions that gives you the possibility to get nicer elevators for a great price. Even the packaged solutions, REGULAR, MEDIUM and PREMIUM provides great flexibility and possibilities to create personal and well-equipped elevator interiors.
Special – elevator interiors with a statement
Solid wood, beautiful veneer, leather-covered handrails, brass handrails, mirrors with bevelled edges and beautiful sockets and cornices are some of the details for you who want that little extra. You can also get your own wall designs in durable Formica laminate or flooring with your logotype. The elevator interior gets an exclusive classic look and behind the time-typical surface you find all the modern technology in electronics and other technical parts.
When you have special requirments
Sometimes the requirements are extra specific. It could be durability, moisture resistance, load resistance, special hygiene requirements or other requirements that has to be met. Elevator interiors for healthcare environments, industries, subways, ships or offshore are examples of environments with special requirements. Stainless walls are common when durability requirements are extra large. They can be combined with extra durable support rails if, for example, the elevator will be used for goods transport and therefore need to be made almost adjacent to the vandal safe or made washable with high pressure if the risks of vandalization and littering are high.
Stainless walls are great from a design perspective and are available in multiple variations. Consequently, they can also be used as design elements.
Flooring for specific needs might be needed if the elevator will handle heavy payloads with a forklift or if in a hospital environment antistatic floors are required to avoid static electricity that can interfere with personnel and sensitive electronic equipment.
When the price is the most important we can offer cost-efficient solutions for new elevators as well as refurbishments by using plastic-coated sheet metal as wall material.
Refurbishment or new – we’ll find the best solution
Ready-made, fast and cost-efficient replacement packages for standard elevators or gentle artisan refurbishment of turn of the century elevators – we have the solution and expertise in both cases.
Are you uncertain about regulations – talk to us
Tens of thousands elevators in Sweden will need to be adapted in the next few years to comply with regulations from the Swedish Work Environment Authority and the Swedish National Board of Housing, Building and Planning. The biggest change is the requirement for the door in elevator interiors. If changes are made to the control system, machinery or elevator interior, the elevator door must be installed at the same time (according to the so-called H10 rules).
Clever solutions that save money
We have created solutions with lightweight elevators, with wood or steel frame, which in most cases make it possible to quickly and smoothly replace the entire elevator interior with the interior door without increasing the total weight. This way, expensive changes in other technical components are avoided.
For some renovation projects, it may be enough to replace wall, ceiling and floor coverings and possibly lighting as well as some accessories to get an elevator interior that is perceived as brand new and that complies to all safety rules. You can also purchase a so called “Black Box” and let us furnish it once the build is near completion.
We always try to help you keep as much of your existing technical equipment such as guide rails and support frame. This minimizes the environmental impact of the project as well as the total cost.
The interaction of the elevator interior with the architecture and colors of the house
When renovating existing elevators, it is important to have the property’s character and colors reflected in the appearance of the elevator interior. The additional cost of a stylish and environmentally-friendly elevator interior is minimal in this context.
Whatever solution you choose, you will be proud of the results for many, many years to come. Talk to your elevator contractor for more information on the best solution for your elevator facility.
Almost no limits
Special is what it sounds like- custom-made elevator interiors produces in small scale or even individual copies for a unique project. We enjoy challenging projects where our expertise are put to the test and where we together with the property owner, architect and tenants can enjoy beautiful and unique elevator interiors in harmony with the property’s architecture.
Wood, metal, glass and stone – in combination
Our strenght is that we master all materials and are able to combine them in a both aesthetically and technically correct manner. The state-of-the-art elevator interiors in glass and stainless steel or replicas of beautiful wooden elevator interiors from the turn of the century – we solve it.
Take a look at our reference pictures
Start by looking at what we have done before and then let us together find the best and most beautiful solutions to your specific wishes. Customer cases
We will help you get an approved elevator interior
Do you have an elevator approved for transporting foods or it used in work premises it must be provided with automatic doors immediately. Other elevators must be rebuilt in conjunction with technical changes or renovations.
We have intelligent solutions to install modern and stylish elevator interiors that meet all requirements or to renovate existing elevator baskets. Talk to us about what’s best in your case – it can save you a lot of costs.
- All elevators that do not have a door or gate in the interior must be provided with a interior door. Until then, such elevators must be equipped with a special warning sign
- All elevators shall have emergency telephone
- All elevators shall have operating means useful also for persons with disabilities
- All elevators shall have adequate protection against electric shock
- All elevators shall have devices for evacuating trapped passengers
- All elevators shall have sufficient rescue space for service personnel located above and below the basket
When should it be done?
- If the elevator is used by the worker for freight transport or if the elevator mainly serves work premises, it must be provided with interior doors immediately
- If the interior of the elevator or the entire elevator interior is changed, the first three safety-raising measures according to the previous section must be implemented simultaneously.
- If the elevator control system, appliance rack or machinery is changed or replaced, all 6 safety-raising measures as above must be carried out simultaneously.
- If the conditions of the building entail unreasonable costs or if it would be inappropriate for reasons of caution to implement the above measures, minor deviations may be made. However, in such cases it must be possible to show satisfactory protection for safety and health.
- Exceptions can also be made if the installation of a interor door takes up enough space in the interor to override the accessibility requirement. In that case, the interor door may be replaced by an interor gate or photocell curtain. Note that the regulation does not consider the cost difference between interior door and interior gate or photocell curtain unreasonable.
A threat to the safety of elevators?
According to the Swedish National Board of Housing, Building and Planning’s elevator regulations, when changing the elevator interior, the entire elevator facility must be modernized to increase the safety level. All solid material in the elevator interior is counted as elevator interior.
However, the Swedish National Board of Housing, Building and Planning has approved the application of foliage and painting of elevator interiors, these measures should be regarded as a non-permanent measure and can be equated with poster or decals.
In the market, “foil” is now offered by certain players. The foil is mounted on board material, in combination with new ceiling, floor covering and components. In practice, this is of course regarded as a new elevator basket interior. By offering the solutions directly to the property owners, modernization and safety measures in the elevators are moved forward in time, in practice as a method of circumventing the elevator regulations. Åhman’s elevator basket fixtures are always delivered via standalone elevator contractors and adapted in close collaboration with them. In this way, it is ensured that the installation receives a construction control and all the problems that arise if it is only discovered at the audit that the elevator does not meet all the prescribed requirements.
Revolutionary news in elevators interior for property owners
Taking advantage of the time users spend in the elevator has always been important and many types of solutions are used. During the trip in the elevator you have the opportunity to receive full attention for a few minutes to give information, experiences or other types of messages.
New technology creates new unique opportunities
The technology known as “Magic Mirror” is based on the fact that the information screen is fully integrated in a mirror. When not used for messages, it looks like an ordinary mirror. When used to communicate a message, the information comes directly into the “mirror” in an almost magical way for the viewer.
– It is a way of communicating that gives countless opportunities, says Henning Beyer of Åhmans in Åhus. Just like on a TV or a computer screen, any type of communication can be displayed in a very elegant way. Magic Mirror, available in various sizes up to 55 inches, is fully integrated into the elevator interior or mounted on the surface. The screen is always protected by the mirror glass and cannot be accessed without special equipment.
Magic Mirror has become very popular amongst many types of property owners and different types of tenants.
Fits all types of elevator interiors
– It has turned out that there is a great interest in mounting a Magic Mirror in most types of properties, says Rolf Wennerström salesman at Åhmans in Åhus. In everything from rental properties where the property owner wants to invest in good and fast information to office properties where the companies want to inform about their operations. Hotels and other commercial properties also benefit greatly from this feature. The experience and simplicity in both the installation of the mirror and in creating content has been very well received. In new production, it will become more or less standard that a “Magic Mirror” is integrated into the elevator interior.
Everything is possible
On installation, Åhmans in Åhus stands for assembly and integration in all types of new or existing elevator interiors, independent of elevator manufactures. The software and digital technology are managed by JML-System, who are experts in technology and content. Everything is coordinated through the elevator contractor, who is responsible for the maintenance of the elevator facility.
The system includes a number of ready-made intuitive modules such as, current traffic situation, weather, Youtube, calendar, apartment information, current events / guests and in addition to this, everything is possible to create in a completely individualized way.
– Taking advantage of the small undisturbed moment in the elevator for information or to create an experience can mean a lot, Rolf says. Purely practical advantages are that the solution is vandal-proof, easy-to-use and easy to install and it is easy to get started creating the desired content.
A feeling that is difficult to describe – It is difficult to describe the feeling, when what is believed to be a normal mirror suddenly comes to life, says Henning at Åhmans with great empathy. With good content you can achieve effects that in the proper sense of the word can be described as magical or even sublime. Contact us and we can show different examples and contact companies that work with technology and content.
For more information contact:
Expertise in different materials
We master wood, stone, metal and glass and often combine the different materials to create unique elevator interiors. This expertise allows us to create beautiful elevator interiors and elevator interiors for specific purposes.
Stone floors, curved glass walls or stainless steel are examples of materials with a very long lifespan and low maintenance costs while being materials for the creative architect. Tradition and experience are combined with the latest cutting-edge technology in manufacturing, construction and CAD / CAM to create beautiful, unique and durable elevator interiors.
Our elevator interiors are delivered through independent elevator contractors and adapted to all elevator types and all elevator manufactures. Construction and design are done in collaboration with the property owner and architect.